Tutorials

Monday, June 22, 2015

TUTORIAL: Beaded Tassel earring




How do I look?


Goodmorning Friends,    


      How was the weekend,  mine was so boring, I was just sleeping, this weather is just too cool for me, once I want to start any beadwork, the next thing I see myself doing is finding a warm blanket to sleep in...lol...
    I was inspired to make tassel earrings by a beautiful movie star, who acted the role of "Sahiba" in an India soap opera "Eternal Love" , I hope am not the only one who is totally in love with all the Indian Tv series shown on Zee world, Dstv channel 166. Sahiba is so much in love with Tassel earrings, She's always seen wearing different ones, in different colours, shapes and sizes. See her pictures after this cut.










I fell in love with the earrings so I decided to make one for myself.

  Here are the tips on how I achieved my Beaded Tassel Earrings. 



Materials:
1. Size 1 Seed beads.
2. Size 4 crystal/bicone beads. 
3. Earring Hooks.
4. Head pins/Wire.
5. Bead caps
6. Stopper.
7. Bent nose piler
8. cutter.
9. 0.25 fishing line.


1. You have to determine the Pattern and length of your tassel, and also the amount of strands you want for the Tassel, there are 16 strands in each of the earring,  although I had to string 8 strands, cause I knew I was going to fold them into half.
2.  Attach stopper to the tips of each of the strands to keep the beads from falling off, simply insert the stopper and flatten it with your piler, then cut off the excess fishing line. 
3. When you done stringing your beads, fold the strands in half, so that they are of equal length. 
4. If you are using a head pin, cut of the stopper of the head pin, so that you will have just a normal wire. 
5. loop a small piece of the wire around the folded strands with the bent nose piler, make sure its very tight, to prevent the strands from slipping away.
6. Insert the bead cap into the long end of the wire, make a wrapped loop to secure the cap and the tassel. 
7. Attach the Earring. 
         Taa daa!!!!!! the earring Beaded Tassel is ready
                              The result is so stunning.

       Please let me know if you try your hands on this, Guess you already know where to Find me....lol.... 
FACEBOOK  PAGE: Beadglitz NG.
TWITTER: dim_plecheek. 
INSTAGRAM: dim_plecheek. 
BBM PIN: 53395AA2.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dear. Weldone. Would try this. I love long earings. I have not been seeing your post on naija beaders club..

    DORIS Ijara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u doris, make sure u share ur finished work with me, yea, am no more in the group, thanks for checking up on me

      Delete