Tutorials

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Look beyond Macrame......Think beads

           A friend posted some beautiful bags made with twines and cord in a beading  Watsapp group which I belong to, everybody was thrilled, I was Very surprise, how on earth can you make such beautiful bags with twine and cord, am so amazed that a simple knot can make beautiful and interesting things, so I decided to research more on it, and I realised that we can also make this knots with beaded ropes too.

    Macrame is the art and craft of tying cords into knots in such a way that they form a useful or decorative shape,  macrame can be tried by anyone with passion to create with little or no experience,  its an old craft work that can be traced back to early fourteenth century, this same old knotting craft done with twines and cords is making a dramatic come back in our beaded Jewelry,  all you just need is to master the simple knot techniques. 

    I wont be writing tutorials on how to make knots, I just want you to know that you can do anything if you put your heart to it,  just watch out for those tiny little sparks of inspiration, I was inspired by macrame knotting technique to make this neckpiece, its so simple,  I make my beaded rope and I made use of the lark head knotting pattern to make my knot, see the picture after the cut.





Oladejo Ajoke Oluwadamilola of MMG CREATIONS also made some really beautiful and inspiring jewelry using macrame knot technique, this are some of her works.






If you enjoy this, make sure you share this post with ur friends and dont forget to share your finished project with me.


Have a fruitful and creative week, 
Happy beading,  
Tomisin. 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspiring! And the beads look lovely.
    Please share your inspirations with other crafters on African handmade forum (FB). Sure they would love your blog.
    I'd like to know the bag maker too, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete