Tutorials

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

TUTORIAL: SPIRAL ROPE

 

    Spiral rope stitch is one of the most versatile stitches we have, very simple to make, if I must say and unique in its own way. It can be used for necklace, bracelet, even bag straps.
    There are so many variation you can use that make it looks different every time.

The basic spiral rope is made up of two section, the core, and the outer spiral rows which wraps around the bead.

MATERIALS:
1. Size 3 seed bead which is the core bead.
2.  Size 2 seed bead which  is the outside bead.
3.   0.25 fishing line.
4.  Beading Needle. 

PROCEDURE:
1. cut a comfortable length of fishing line, insert a stop bead and a needle, leaving about six inches tail.
2.  pick up four core bead and four outside bead.

3. Stitch up your needle through the four core bead, and pull snug.
    

4.  pick up one core bead and four outside bead.
5.  Stitch your needle up through three of the core beads from the previous step and the new core bead just added, pull snug.

6. Use your thumb to push the new outside beads over to the side so that they rest next to the first set of outside beads.

7. Repeat from step 4, untill you reach your desired length. 



    like I said earlier, there are so many variation of Spiral rope stitch,  for this particular variation, ( see the picture after the cut)



Materials used include: 
1. Size 3 seed bead.           A
2.  Size 6 crystal bead.       B
3. bead needle 
4. 0.30 fishing line .


  PROCEDURE:
1. cut a comfortable length of fishing line, insert a stop bead and a needle, leaving about six inches tail.
Note: the colour of the core beads and outside beads are the same.
2. Pick up in this sequence:
4A ( core beads) + 2A + 1B + 2A.

3. Stitch your needle up through the 4 core beads, and pull snug.


4. pick up the beads in this sequence:
1A (core bead) + 2A + 1B + 2A 

5.Stitch your needle up through three of the core beads from the previous step and the new core bead just added, pull snug.


6. Use your thumb to push the new outside beads over to the side so that they rest next to the first set of outside beads.

7. Repeat from step 4, untill you reach your desired length. 


Yayy!!!! Me rocking a Gold and silver spiral rope, I know its beautiful *winks

Blue accentuated with silver 

What other variation can you make with spiral rope stitch?  

Please dont forget to share your finished project on my page on Facebook,  @Beadglitz NG, your feedback is very important. 


Happy beading,  
Tomisin. 


13 comments:

  1. I suppose I should stop trying to be superwoman and attach a needle to my fishing line? I always do without....... *sigh* Night school aint easy at all....LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunty udy, lol, super woman indeed, there are some stitch that u cant do without the use of a bead needle, spiral rope stitch is one of then, and please always use ur needle wen necessary, dont strain ur eyes too much.

      Delete
  2. NICE ONE DEAR. THANKS ALOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am new to this blog..i love ur works and willing to learn as am a newbie in bead making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the beading world, trust me its interesting, if u really want to learn jewelry making, I will advise u to look for a professional beader near u, to learn the basic, then u can find my tutorials very easy and interesting, stay bless,
      happy beading

      Delete
  4. Great tutorial!

    http://kibuadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Violet, u really doing a good work on ur blog, maybe one of these days I will try out ur diy

      Delete
  5. I will be regular here. I just finished learning beads last week. I love your blog. Nice work nd God bless u 4 blessing other people's lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olorunfemi RachealAugust 4, 2015 at 8:10 AM

    Wow! Just came across this blog and I'm glad with what I saw. Ur blog is a blessing to me. U are doing a great job here coz ur tutorial is well understanding. God bless u and ur hand work. I promise to post my finish work on any tutorial I learn from ur blog. Thanks and remain bless

    ReplyDelete