Tutorials

Thursday, March 26, 2015

AM SO LAZY




I  don't know if it's me, or it happens to everybody, I just realize I have so many unfinished projects, this is caused by a lot of factors, ranging from lack of time, difficulty in the techniques involved, and this thing of having to keep repeating one step over and over again…very boring.



TUBULAR PEYOTE:

This one is tubular peyote, which I started like two weeks ago, I plan to make it into a necklace, the design is made with size 2 seed bead, I so much love the way I use the multicolour beads to make a rhombus shape around the beadwork.

AFICAN HELIX:

This traditional African stitch closely resemble a DNA , one characteristic of the African  helix are the raised beads called "piping", the piping creates the design for the African Helix stitch, you use a different colour of bead for the piping and it will create that spiraling effect on the beadwork.

You can either use seed beads throughout or you use seed bead and bugle bead. For this particular one I use size 1 seed bead and bugle bead, I use the seed bead for the piping.

click here for African Helix tutorial

CELLINI SPIRAL:

Cellini spiral is a variation of tubular peyote, where different size and colour of beads are used to create the spiral effect, for this particular one,  I use two different shades of blue and pink colour, I so much love  the colours and the spiral effect, it looks like a snail shell.

It's taking me eternity to finish my Cellini spiral, have abandoned it for more than six months, I just can't wait to finish it.

RAW CHAIN LINKS:

Am seriously tired of this design, and I really want to finish, so I can show off my hard work, have abandoned it for like three months now, I don't mind if someone can help me out on this.

I made multicoloured tubular right angle weave (RAW), and stitched the ends together to form a ring, I have eleven (11) rings right now, I think I need like seven (7) more. I hope to make a bracelet out of this particular stitch, but I have to finish this one first.





I know I may not be an expert, but I like to share what I can do.

What's that stitch that's been giving you tough time?


10 comments:

  1. Its not just you alone.it happens to me too and being a beginner makes it more frustrating. There is this design, don't know what its called. Cant seem to get pass 3inches for a week now. Will try and post the picture of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol..I pray you find time to do it, I thought I was only the one with the "unfinished project" syndrome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Nice blog you have here. I checked for your email address but didn't see it here. Kindly send me a mail at vecturnmedia@gmail.com. I have a proposal for you. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only you my sister...lol, please can you send procedures for the cellini spiral design?

    ReplyDelete
  5. U r so unique in ur ways of making beads......kip it up babe. pls aw I get in touch wif u? Pls mail me oa9506@gmail.com.fnks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the chain of rings you made. It definitely required hard work which you gave to this jewelry. Thank you!

    Regards,
    Fesco
    Online Fashion Jewelry Shopping

    ReplyDelete