Tutorials

Sunday, September 6, 2015

RUFFLED

Hi Friends,

      Its been a long time, I know am such a lazy blogger, and I keep repeating it over and over without any improvement, lol...... you just have to take me as I am, have been so preoccupied with a lot of things recently.
   



      Have been experimenting with a stitch called Ogallala netting stitch, Ogallala stitch is a variation of netting that is worked from an existing strand or strip of beadwork, the tightly packed stitches create a wonderful ruffle effect with an organic feel.



This Ogallala netting made by me is no where near perfect,the ruffles are uneven,  I made it using  orange size 2 seed bead, white size 2 seed bead, and I connected the ruffles together using size 10 crystal bead.



          Using  interconnected ruffled rings, this elegant and eye catching neckpiece was made with size 2 seed bead and accentuated with silver bicone beads and and white round bead, then I finished it attaching a beaded toggle clasps made with peyote stitch.

I was inspired to make the ogallala neckpiece, when I saw this inspirational designs here on Pinterest, kudos to the designers.










What do you think about my ruffled neckpiece,  share your thought with me at the comment section.


Happy Beading,
Tomisin.


10 comments: